Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Liger Jager Rebuild

The infamous 1.2 Ghz machine has been rebuilt yet again. This weekend I bought a Antec Case and 350W PSU for it to finally trash the old frankenstiened enlight case. It has made the machine much quieter and easier to work on, Forward facing USB ports are most certantly a plus as Im always switching USB gear on that machine.

Unfortunately the Antec cooling solution isnt as good as my flood blower idea I used on the orignal case. But it is much quieter. Core temps average about 114 and top at about 120F and Mainboard temps are around 95-100F, Hot but I've been much hoter in earlier designs. Plus T-bird cores are usually good till about 160-170F before they really start acting up. Voltages on the new PSU are about the same as the old PSU, kinda disappointing, but Im using more fans this time around which kinda explains the differnce. Im thinking about looking into geting a Delta 80MM turbo fan for the processor blower fan, That should improve things to some extent.

I did keep the orignal 160MM high speed fan from the enlight case. While noisy, that fan has serious potental in other machines, or even replacing the big low speed 160MM fan in the Antec case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home