Wednesday, July 27, 2005

First Out, Qualification pondering.

I call the crew lineup to find I am first out as expected, Unlike a class one, this isn't a instant sign of 1-2 hour till call damnation, On a regional things dont tend to move as quick, I could be called now, or like the case a few weeks back I could sit and rot for the next 48-72 hours. Both myself and my trainmaster would like me to get qualified in more places. Only being qualified to Belevue and Huron is most certainty hurting my availability for jobs and my money making potential. However the crew caller will not put me onto a qualifying job till someone else comes off of one, as they need to always have someone available on the extra board.

Its kinda a mixed blessing being off, Its nice not having to work all the time, but I need money to survive obviously, therefore I need to work, and to work I need to be qualified more places.

One of these days I really need to get into Mechanical somewhere. Being a conductor is not my cup of tea so to speak.

2 Comments:

Blogger Obvious said...

Ah, low man on the totem pole can be so fun.

Whats wrong with conductor? Not suit your style, or is it too many sour engineers?

1:46 AM  
Blogger Chesapeake said...

I find it boring, not really my style eather, I like to fix things, work on things.

Not do paperwork, and think about whats all over some yard all the time.

1:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home