Thursday, January 26, 2006

CR 2103

While on my canadian adventure I decided to buy a LL GP20, in order to further myself to the goal of everything CR owned.

Little did I know what kinda adventure I was geting into.

I decided to look up the unit and see what kinda work I would have to do to the unit.

First problem while CR 2103 was repainted, it never had the can-opener on it

Second problem, PC de-turboed all the GP20's altering there roof look significantly.

So now I gota eather re number or strip the can opener off this unit. and then add a filter box and exhuast stacks to the roof. Im thinking about renumbering it 2110 since it didnt have the filter box and all I would have to add would be a set of stacks.

2103 http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/cr/cr2103ags.jpg
2110 http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/cr/cr2110ags.jpg

CR managed to totally repaint almost all 13 GP20's before they would retire them in 1985 one would think that LL would have made a effort to number them to the units that at least had the can-opener logo. As for the turbo removal, wasnt expecting them to model that as each unit was done a little differnt, GP18 bodys differ significantly from GP20 bodys, so using a 18 wouldnt have been a wise move ether.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home